Thursday, June 4, 2009

Dear Mr. Barrowman,

I loved you on Doctor Who and Torchwood. Captain Jack is awesome. I also enjoyed the BBC documentary about your sexual orientation. The research is pretty cool. I was surprised when a friend pointed out that you appeared in the recent version of The Producers. I hadn't recognized you. Again, awesome performance. You really do have an excellent voice.

They just finished airing Any Dream Will Do on BBC America, and now I'm seeing promos for How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria? My question is, why? I realize you've achieved Gay Icon status, and that's great and all, but are all the musical theater search shows really necessary? You did the Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat one, why not stop? Was there a gap that we didn't get over here in the states, or is the London theatre's business plan for Andrew Lloyd Weber to single-handedly populate the West End with revivals that have been pimped to a fare-thee-well by reality tv shows? Possibly best to take the revival route, because a man can only re-write the same music so many different ways. I think people started to catch on after Phantom.

Anyway, I would really like to see you, you know, act some more. I'm looking forward to the next season of Torchwood. I'm sorry it will be the last. Please make the reality talent search shows stop!

Sincerely,
April C.


*And now for something completely different, the choli worked (yea!) I'm doing the same routine that I did at Newbie Collegium a year and a half ago, but really, I think the only person who'd notice is maybe Amina.

No comments:

Post a Comment