Saturday, November 14, 2009

Where is the year going?

I have given up on a completely machine-pieced quilt, because I kept looking a the pile of pieces, and looking at the sewing machine, and sighing and going off to knit. Instead, I sewed all of the blocks together by hand, and added the inner border by hand. I'm going to go to Hobby Lobby probably this afternoon to get a few more yards of navy blue cotton to sew to the fabric I've already got to make the backing, rather than make up something with more pieces, but I may change my mind. I kind of like the idea of a patterned medallion on the back. Either way, I'm getting close to finishing the top, there's just the outer border, once I decide how I'm going to handle the navy fabric, and then putting it all together and quilting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment