Candlelight Camp is over. The event itself went really smoothly, and sort of assuaged my SCA burnout a little. It was really nice to see people pull together to make the event happen. That tendency has been sadly lacking.
So now, I have about half a dozen projects that I want to do, like now. I have some beautiful royal blue wool that was going to be an overdress, but I didn't get to make it, but it would have been way too warm to wear anyway. I now have at least 3 new outfits I want to make. Plus, I want to make a quilt for myself. I want to make a wholecloth one, I'm thinking for Kingdom A&S. This will require more research. I still really want to make a quilted bodice and skirt, which will also require more research, and probably more hours of work than is sane.
I'm kind of thinking I want to make myself a quilt based on Japanese designs. There are a couple of patterns of hexagons and triangles in Japanese Quilt Blocks that I like. One is called "bamboo basket" and the other is a turtle variation. I'm thinking of doing one of those on a large scale, and incorporate sashiko-style designs in the corners and along the border. I may end up working on two simultaneously. Should be interesting. Provided I can keep tendinitis at bay.
No comments:
Post a Comment