So far, I've been better than I could have been, but not as good as I'd hoped to be about updating. I have a decent reason, though. It's been a crazy week, and we're buying a house. We think we finally found the one. It's the first house that we actually agree on! It's 4 bedrooms, so we can have an office and room for (hopefully) future younglings. The living room....could be bigger, but it has a wood burning fireplace, and the kitchen/dining room is awesome. Oh, the game nights we can have in that room. We need a nice buffet/cabinet for the dining room to hold the stereo and our board games. It's probably the first house we've looked at (aside from the one that would have been perfect if it had actually been ON its foundation) that doesn't have a slot kitchen (galley kitchen? The long, narrow kind that's obviously not designed by someone who actually cooks). I've had those for about 4 years in the apartments I've lived in, and I'd rather not have another kitchen like that. SO painting over the yellow, though. It's also the perfect combination of nice house/decent-sized lot/lack of steep slope. We've had trouble finding that combination. Except for the kitchen/dining room, which is painted Chinese lacquer-red, the interior is painted yellow. It's pretty.....for yellow, but I don't like yellow. For Neale, the dining room can stay red. I want to paint the red part of the kitchen sage green. The house also happens to be across the street and two doors down from two very good friends of ours. Honestly, we're not interested in the house for that reason. That's a nice bonus, but we really just like the house.
I did finish the scarf, though, and I'm now working on a hat to go with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment