I have little green things coming up in the bed I planted seeds in. Yea! I think I might actually have one or two sweet peas coming up. I don't know why I'm so hot on growing the things, I've never actually seen one growing, that I know of. I just like the pictures, and they're supposed to smell good. My rose was shipped on Monday, so it should be here soon. That's going in the middle of the round bed. Unfortunately, I think one of the strawberry plants died, or will soon. Most of the leaves are brown and shriveled. The stems look okay, though. These are the ones that I didn't plant, because the bed wasn't ready. With all the rain we've had, the peat pots buried in mulch may have waterlogged them.
I really need to take some pictures to put up. I haven't actually taken any pictures of the house at all since we moved in.
The newspaper in the big bed seems to have broken down fairly well. I'm going to try a similar trick with the rest of the bed, but I think I'm actually going to turn the grass first, then bury it under newspaper and mulch, and see if it works better. I really need to start my cucumber and melon seeds. It might actually be a bit late, I'm not sure. In fact, I should go do that.....
No comments:
Post a Comment