My seedlings that have been, until recently, two little leaves on spindly stalks sticking out of clots of peat actually look like plants now! The basil and parsley are still kind of sad looking. The thyme, well, thyme isn't all that impressive anyway, is it? Foliage-wise, I mean. The tomatoes and marigolds, on the other hand, are now beginning to actually look like something. I also have a whole lot of the little two-leaved sprout things coming up from the wildflower seeds. I still have doubts about the sweet peas, but if they don't come up this year, I'll order some seeds to sow in the fall for next year.
I have an over-dramatic plant. Apparently, the herbs I've been buying at Whole Foods invited the drama-llama to my house. I thought I'd killed the spearmint today. It was all droopy, and some of the leaves were shriveled. I put it in the sink, and soaked it thoroughly about three times over an hour or two, and now it's fine. There are a few leaves near the bottom that still look a little wilted, but the rest of the plant looks almost robust. It has a nice sunny window, a few friends to hang out with until I get everything ready outside, but it has to throw a fit over water. It's life is pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment